Genesis: Live

Friday, January 26, 2007

Yan's step of maturity

Yesterday I visited the Genesis house. Gramma didn't know I was coming. Mom and Dad had some errands to run. Gramma was out in the garden. So I unlocked the door, came in, got potatoes boiling for when parents come back and went upstairs to take a shower (we have no hot water at home, something broke down, they're fixing it). When I heard Gramma come in, asking whether anyone was home (she could hear me upstairs), I figured she was thinking it was Mom, so I chuckled and stayed quiet. I thought I'd surprise her with an effective 'show-up' shouting kookoo!! or da-da-da-dam! (she was asking me to come visit for a long time, but because of exams it was no option for me). Anyhow I'm walking on tip-tops with a stupid smile on my face... Pa-da... into the kitchen - I was GREATLY surprised when instead of Babushka I saw a BIG red-haired man in their kitchen cooking Sloppy Joe :))) Any guess? I'm pretty sure Mom and Dad Peipons know who I'm talking about. Dan is an American missionary going to our church who has a servant's heart. He comes to Genesis every Thursday with a big sack of food and cooks delicious dinner for all family, letting Gramma rest and my parents use some time for themselves. After dinner he takes the kids out for sports activities (yesterday he came with a basketball) or teaches English. The absolutely LOVE Dan! Gramma said to Anton when he came back from school that his best friend was there, right away he exclaimed 'Dan?!' and ran to shake his huuuuge hand. It was a great evening and good food.
Now, concerning the title of this post. I only used it to draw your attention and get you reading to the end, whicj I did, if you're reading this line...
Yesterday Yan decided to move from the 'baby-room' to the 'men's habitat'. When Slavik joined the family, Anton and he moved to a separate room, leaving the girls and Yan in the 'kindergarten' room. Mom tried to move Yan to the boy's room, but had to return him:
a. he behaved like a baby annoying the older boys and being silly while they were trying to sleep
b. at some point he started screaming and shouting wanting to go back to his little bed
Yesterday he politely asked Mom whether he could move again, you could tell she was proud of him. I operated the festive prosession of moving the beddings (everybody participated) and Yan had a new home. It seems more logical now, girls in one room, boys in the other one (the blue one :) We'll see whether Yan will manage the pressure of being the youngest and the only one in his room not going to school. He is growing...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dasha the Explorer said...

Yeah, Dan is great! He is surprised why the members of the Holy Trinity do not participate in the life of these orphans. Any help and commitment would be highly appreciated. He wishes that women wanted to come once a week or two to help cook, so he could spend more time playing, doing sports or reading Bible with the kids.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Dasha the Explorer said...

oh no, they cook... It's not that they need someone to, I'm just quoting Dan. You can ask him in church about the reason for his concern. See you in a couple hours!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home